Tuesday 20 May 2014

A Little Tuesday Post

Note: this is NOT how the author's appointment went down (but she kinda wished it did???)

This wasn't any normal ol' Tuesday. Today I had my first experience with Reiki (energy therapy) and let me tell you, it was exciting, inspiring and really, very cool.
What first started out as a superficial, mild interest in anything New Age related (Chakras, lucid dreaming, crystals, etc.) that developed over the winter has somehow turned into a full blown obsession that has wormed it's way deep into my brain and cemented itself there and refuses to leave.
I wasn't sure what I was expecting from my appointment, but it wasn't what I ended up experiencing. My energy therapist was really down to earth and sweet and I ended up having physical responses to the energy therapy that I wasn't expecting at all. (I guess I could explain what Reiki is for those who are uninitiated, but fuck it. Google it, guys.) We finished up with a little meditation too, which I'll probably get into doing every night before I sleep (something I never would have seen myself doing a couple of years ago, but hey, that's why we never say never, eh guys??)
I've never been a spiritual person in any sense of the word in the past, so stumbling upon this kind of stuff at this point in my life was a happy little accident. While some of the stuff I come across in articles and videos makes me skeptically raise an eyebrow, I like to keep an open mind about it. At the very least, I always feel inspired and optimistic after climbing out of a New Age research rabbit hole.
If any of you out there have any recommendations for books/documentaries that you think I might like concerning any of this kind of stuff, let me know! There is so much material out there and sometimes it can be overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment